News 1 Elmsley Place Designated as Founders House
TORONTO, September 29, 2008 -- On September 29, the Feast of St Michael the Archangel, the Very Revered Kenneth Decker, CSB, General Superior of the Congregation of St Basil, blessed a new plaque designating 1 Elmsley Place as Founders House.
The new name honours the lasting contributions of several illustrious St Michael's figures: Rev. Henry Bellisle, CSB; Etienne Gilson; Jacques Maritain; Rev. Gerald Phelan; Rev. Basil Sullivan, CSB; Sir Bertram Windle; and Rev. E.J. McCorkell, CSB. The beautiful Queen Anne style building houses the Offices of the President, Alumni and Development and Continuing Education. Dr. Anne Anderson, CSJ, Interim President, greeted guests and highlighted the contributions of the Basilian Fathers who established St Michael's in 1852. A reception followed in the President's Office.
(Left to right) Very Rev. Fr. Kenneth Decker, SCB (Superior General, Congregation of St Basil), Fr. Robert Madden, CSB, Fr. James McConica, CSB, Fr. Mario D?Souza, CSB, Fr. Claude Arnold, CSB.