The Faculty of Theology encourages creative, critical, faithful inquiry with Professors who are leading researchers and inspiring teachers in their fields, within a vibrant, supportive and diverse student body.
Appointment of Interim Dean Faculty of Theology, USMC Professor John L. McLaughlin
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Professor John McLaughlin as Interim Dean of the Faculty of Theology effective October 22, 2014 through to June 30, 2015. We are grateful to John for assuming this responsibility and we count on his usual commitment and due diligence. I trust that Professor McLaughlin will receive your full support and co-operation.
Prof. Anne Anderson, csj
President & Vice-Chancellor
Faculty of Theology Offers Scholarships to Incoming Doctoral Students
The University of St. Michael’s College is pleased to offer up to four scholarships, annually, to qualified incoming doctoral students in the Faculty of Theology. Each scholarship guarantees $15,000 CAD per year for a period of four years for a total scholarship amount of $60,000 CAD each.
Call for Applications: Dean, Faculty of Theology
Programs of Study
The Faculty of Theology currently offers nine degree and two diploma programs:
Basic Degree Programs
- Master of Divinity (MDiv)
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS
- Master of Religious Education (MRE)
- Master of Arts in Catholic Leadership (MACL)
- Diploma in Religious Education (DipRE) is designed for persons involved in the ministry of religious education, either formally or informally.
Advanced Degree Programs
- Master of Theology (ThM)
- Doctor of Ministry (DMin)
- Master of Arts in Theology (MA in Theology)
- Doctor of Theology (ThD)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD in Theology)
- Diploma in Religious Education (DipRE)
- Diploma in Theological Studies Program (DipTS)
- Certificate of Specialization in Theology and Ecology
Audit a Course For Free
Available to alumni and employees of the University of St. Michael’s College and employees of the Archdiocese of Toronto, the Faculty of Theology is offering an opportunity for the aforesaid groups to experience what a theological education looks like and why such an education is a great source of personal and spiritual enrichment. As a course auditor, you have no academic responsibilities, this is merely to introduce you to know more about theology and it is our hope that this may help you learn about issues and concerns in a theological manner.
For a list of couses, please email: the Student Services Officer