Fall 2021 plans at the
University of St. Michael’s College
As we welcome our community to a new academic year, we have planned for a fall term with expanded in-person experience and have put in place measures that protect and promote safety in our working and learning environment.
Like the University of Toronto, St. Michael’s will require all those intending to be on campus be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations. Employees will be granted approval to take time away from work to obtain their vaccination, whether scheduled or at a mobile clinic.
Further to last week’s COVID-19 fall planning update, we are providing you with additional details on the latest announcement from the Ministry of Colleges and Universities, proof of vaccination, and the UCheck platform, which is now available to St. Michael’s employees. UCheck requires users to have a UTORid and you will need a TCard to access the Kelly Library.
The provincial government will be launching a vaccine passport program effective September 22 that will provide a way to verify vaccination status for those without UCheck access. We will provide additional details as they become available.
Updates for the St. Michael’s Community
- Information on the requirement to be vaccinated for St. Michael’s employees (Sept. 13, 2021)
- UCheck is now available for St. Michael’s employees (Sept. 7, 2021)
- An update on St. Michael’s fall planning (Sept. 2, 2021)
- An update on St. Michael’s campus safety measures for fall 2021
- Kelly Library FAQ – Service and protocols
- Information on getting your TCard
- An updated U of T policy and provostial guideline on face masks (Aug. 2021)
- U of T COVID-19 fall planning update (Aug. 26, 2021)
- Students may attend classes online for first two weeks of fall term – Message from Dean Woodin (June 27, 2021)
- UofT contractor form – must be filled out by contractors on the St. Michael’s campus
- Paper screening form – must be filled out by visitors to the St. Michael’s campus who do not have access to UCheck
- Medical Exemption Requests and Religion/Creed Exemption Requests may be submitted to email@example.com
- Vaccine FAQ – ongoing updates
- COVID-19 screening poster for building entrances
- Latest news from UofT
Registrar and Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org is a single point of contact for St. Michael’s undergraduate students to find the help they need. The office will offer service to students via telephone and on-line via email and Teams. Additional information for newly admitted international students is available online.
In person activity has resumed as of Monday September 13, 2021, and office hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Students are asked to specify the need for an in-person advising appointment in their request to email@example.com to meet with an advisor.
- On-line advising appointments remain available and are to be considered the primary mode of meeting with advisors.
- Drop-In appointments will remain online until further notice.
- When arriving for an in-person appointment, students are asked not to enter Brennan Hall until 5 minutes prior to their in-person appointment. There is very limited seating available in our reception area at this time as we continue to prepare for an eventual return to full capacity.
- Visitors are asked to comply with all University of Toronto regulations in order to take advantage of in-person service. Visitors are required to wear approved face covering and provide proof of vaccination via the UCheck platform.
Food Services: Eating facilities at St. Michael’s are now open as follows:
- The Kelly Café is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Faculty Dining Room is open for lunch Monday to Friday from 12 to 2 p.m.
- Mike’s Café in Brennan Hall is open Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Canada Room is open as follows:
- Monday to Friday:
- Breakfast: 7:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
- Dinner: 4:30 p.m.–8:00 p.m. (Friday Dinner: 4:30 p.m.–7:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays:
- Brunch: 10 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Dinner: 5 p.m.–7 p.m.
- Monday to Friday:
Additional information: USMC COVID-19 Safety Plan for Restaurants and Bars.
Kelly Library: Beginning Tuesday, September 7, 2021 the Kelly Library will be open as follows:
- Monday to Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday: closed
- Sunday: 12:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
More information on library access, including procedures for entering the library, is available.
SMC Residence: Increased cleaning requirements, physical distancing, and safety measures are in place in SMC Residence. For commonly asked questions regarding residence operations, rooms and room assignments, shared spaces and more, please visit the SMC Residence FAQs page. The Coop the study space in Brennan Hall remains closed until further notice. Additional information: USMC COVID-19 Safety Plan for Athletic Centres.
Conference Services: USMC COVID-19 Safety Plan for Meetings and Conferences. Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, continues to evolve as the science and public health guidelines evolve. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-926-2343 for assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions
References & Resources
- The University of St. Michael’s College strives to promote a healthy, inclusive and supportive environment that fosters mental health and well-being among members of the community. Learn more about resources available from the University of Toronto and St. Michael’s.
- For students: U of T Student Roadmap
- For faculty, staff and librarians: HR & Equity Restart and Recovery
- Wellness: Work from home toolkit
- Other: UofT, mental health and travel resources (bottom of the page)
- Archived: St. Michael’s COVID-19 resource page
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including all UofT guidance documents, continues to evolve as the science and public health guidelines evolve. As the province defines the Stages of reopening for each region, our plans will adapt accordingly. We look forward to returning to in-person learning and on-campus activity, and to the vibrant student experience and research activity that make St. Michael’s unique.