Winter term plans at the
University of St. Michael’s College
In alignment with plans announced by UofT, St. Michael’s is preparing for a gradual return to in-person teaching effective the week of Feb. 7, with a view to having a more robust return to campus after Reading Week (Feb. 28.)
As we plan for our return to campus we will be consulting with students, staff and faculty to ensure our community continues to be safe for all.
All students with on-campus activities and all employees, whether or not they are immediately required on campus, must upload proof of vaccination to UCheck as required by the Council of Ontario Medical Officers of Health. All students are expected be masked while on indoors on campus, in accordance with UofT guidelines.
Updates for the St. Michael’s Community
- University of St. Michael’s winter term update (Jan. 20, 2022)
- Students encouraged to delay return to residence if possible (Jan. 5, 2022)
- Covid Omicron Update for the University of St. Michael’s College (Dec. 16, 2021)
- Limiting the spread of COVID-19 Omicron variant: immediate steps (Dec. 15, 2021)
- All those intending to be on campus must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. (Sept. 9, 2021)
- UofT contractor form – must be filled out by contractors on the St. Michael’s campus
- Paper screening form – must be filled out by visitors to the St. Michael’s campus who do not have access to UCheck
- Medical Exemption Requests and Religion/Creed Exemption Requests may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vaccine FAQ – ongoing updates
- COVID-19 screening poster for building entrances
- Latest news from UofT
Faculty of Arts & Science (FAS)/undergraduate students
- From Feb. 7 – Feb. 18, FAS will offer online instruction for classes with 100+ students. Before February 7, instructors for classes with fewer than 100 students will let students know if their courses will take place in person with remote access to course components, or if their courses will be entirely online during the transition period.
- Reading Week – Feb. 21-25 – No classes in session.
- Beginning Feb. 28 – classes that are identified as taking place in person will proceed in person.
- The latest information from the Faculty of Arts & Science is available on their website.
Registrar and Student Services
- The office will maintain regular office hours, in-person and on-line.
- Students may contact email@example.com for questions regarding courses or to meet with an Advisor, on-line via Teams or in person, by appointment.
- ‘On-line, drop-in advising’ sessions run Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00am. to 10:00am during the Winter session.
- The office will be open during Reading Week: Feb. 21-25.
- Additional information is available online.
Faculty of Theology
- All courses, both Advanced Degree and Basic Degree, will remain online until after Reading Week.
- A decision about returning to in-person delivery by Feb. 28 will be made in mid-February.
- From Monday, May 2nd, through Tuesday, May 31st, the Kelly Library will have the following hours:
- Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday – closed
- Additional information is available on the Kelly website.
SMC Residence: Increased cleaning requirements, physical distancing, and safety measures are in place in SMC Residence. For commonly asked questions regarding residence operations, rooms and room assignments, shared spaces and more, please visit the SMC Residence FAQs page.
Conference Services: USMC COVID-19 Safety Plan for Meetings and Conferences. Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, continues to evolve as the science and public health guidelines evolve. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-926-2343 for assistance.
Mike’s Café: Mike’s Café in Brennan Hall will reopen Wednesday, February 9. Hours will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
Frequently Asked Questions
References & Resources
- The University of St. Michael’s College strives to promote a healthy, inclusive and supportive environment that fosters mental health and well-being among members of the community. Learn more about resources available from the University of Toronto and St. Michael’s.
- For students: U of T Student Roadmap
- For faculty, staff and librarians: HR & Equity Restart and Recovery
- Wellness: Work from home toolkit
- Other: UofT, mental health and travel resources (bottom of the page)
- Archived: St. Michael’s COVID-19 resource page
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including all UofT guidance documents, continues to evolve as the science and public health guidelines evolve. As the province defines the Stages of reopening for each region, our plans will adapt accordingly. We look forward to returning to in-person learning and on-campus activity, and to the vibrant student experience and research activity that make St. Michael’s unique.