September 13, 2021
To all members of the University of St. Michael’s College community:
Our response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including all UofT guidance documents, continues to evolve as the science and public health guidelines evolve. You can find the most recent updates below for quick reference. Additional information is available in the Return to Campus section of the St. Mike’s website and UTogether.
As an employee of the University, you are subject to and bound by the Joint Provostial and Human Resources Guideline on Vaccinations.
- You should carefully review and familiarize yourself with the guideline.
- Consequences for a violation of the guideline will depend on the individual’s relationship with the University.
- The provincial government will be launching a vaccine passport program effective September 22 that will provide a way to verify vaccination status for those without UCheck access. We will provide additional details as they become available.
All members of the St. Michael’s community must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and are required to upload proof of vaccination through UCheck.
- UCheck requires users to have a UTORid. If you need a UTORid, email HR (email@example.com).
- UCheck is available through web browsers on computers, smartphones, and tablets at ucheck.utoronto.ca.
- Employees who have an issue logging into UCheck should use the paper-based screening form.
- Employees without access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer should contact their manager or supervisor.
- Under current health requirements, you will only need to upload your vaccination documents to UCheck once during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Contractors coming to the St. Michael’s campus must submit the UofT contractor form – questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All staff, even those working remotely, must be vaccinated. We expect all members of the community to have their first dose by Sept. 13, 2021, and to be fully vaccinated by October 29, 2021 (i.e. final dose no later than October 15, 2021).
- This requirement aligns with the Province’s Aug. 31, 2021, guidance and the recommendation of the Council of Ontario Medical Officers of Health and follows consultations with Ontario’s Chief Medical Officer of Health.
- As an employee of the University, you may be required to be able to attend and perform duties on University premises as required, even if some or all of your duties can be performed remotely.
- St. Michael’s employees seeking an exemption for medical or other protected human rights grounds should submit Medical Exemption Requests and Religion/Creed Exemption Requests to email@example.com. Please note that approval is not guaranteed.
- If your exemption is approved, you will be required to participate in the University’s rapid screening program, and must upload results twice per week. Kits are available for pick up at 255 McCaul Street where you will be registered and receive a one-month supply of screens.
- More information and resources, including vaccine clinics on campus can be found on the UTogether Vaccines page.
Please also remember that you must wear a face mask indoors with limited exceptions and follow posted directional signage.