Closed for Applications
The University of St. Michael’s College, federated with the University of Toronto, is a Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Congregation of St. Basil, whose motto, “Teach me goodness, discipline and knowledge,” sets the tone for campus life. Committed to the pursuit of knowledge, meaning and truth, USMC is a dynamic centre where Catholic intellectual thought thrives in a context of academic freedom and rigorous debate. The University of St. Michael’s College boasts a large and dynamic undergraduate division, a Faculty of Theology and one of the busiest and most important libraries on the University of Toronto Campus.
Under the general direction of the Registrar and in collaboration with other members of the office, provides academic advising to students of St. Michael’s College; responsible for academic advising; performs other duties as required.
Assists the Registrar on all initiatives, including scheduling, student progress, creation and interpretation of reports and data. Participates in on-campus events as required.
Provides academic and career related/skills development advising by appointment and on a drop in basis to new and continuing undergraduate students. This includes course selection, programs of studies, degree requirements, transfer credits, petitions and appeals, probation and suspension, explaining faculty and university policies and practices and referral to other USMC and U of T services as required.
Responds to e-mails; represents the college and the Faculty at on-campus and off-campus recruitment events; assists in managing and coordinating the University’s annual events and ceremonies (Convocations and Awards Ceremonies).
- Office of the Registrar and Student Services — Supervised by: Registrar
- $1211.42 per week
- 35 hours per week
- How to Apply
- 2 plus years working in a related capacity
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
- Advising/counselling experience.
- Excellent one-on-one communication.
- Experience with educational and mission oriented institutions preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative
- Ability to compose brief, clear and correct text in conventional English
- Organized, articulate, conscientious, diplomatic; good listener; good judgment; reliability; attention to detail; service oriented with a friendly manner.
- Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of ROSI/ACORN, Degree Explorer, Course Finder, Transfer Explorer and related features is required
- Ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to use a personal computer, photocopier, scanner.
University degree and 2 plus years related experience within a post-secondary environment.
This position is covered by United Steelworkers “All Employee” Bargaining Unit
Attention: Human Resources
(please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume and cover letter)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-7101 or email@example.com