Closed for Applications
The University of St. Michael’s College in the University of Toronto is supported by a dynamic community of alumni and friends whose loyalty, generosity and commitment to St. Michael’s is advancing exciting opportunities to grow our alumni engagement and fundraising programs. If you are a skilled, energetic and organized multi-tasker this is a great time to join our advancement team.
The Advancement Assistant plays an important role on our team by assisting staff colleagues in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of St. Michael’s fundraising and alumni programs activities, specifically, but not limited to, events, meetings, mailings, and communications; and by providing administrative support for the department.
- Advancement — Supervised by: Chief Advancement Officer
- $961.00 per week
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hours per week) with occasional evening/weekend hours
- How to Apply
Assists with the implementation of alumni/donor events and programming activities by:
- Generating and formatting reports from Arbor database to create mailing, emailing and invitation lists
- Distributing event invitations by mail and email
- Assisting with event logistics (room booking, catering)
- Managing Alumni Affairs email, RSVPs, event registrations and guest lists
- Entering event attendance, volunteer activity and alumni updates into Arbor database
- Coordinating and organizing materials and communications for events and meetings
- Collecting and forwarding invoices and payments for processing
- Responding to alumni enquires, redirecting as appropriate
Supports fundraising activities by:
- Formatting data collected from the database into presentations and reports
- Creating and updating donor records in Arbor database
- Assisting with coordinating meeting schedules, agendas, materials
- Scheduling travel plans and requesting appropriate accommodations
- Assisting in preparation of briefing notes, research profiles, donor meeting packages and donor stewardship reports
- Maintaining electronic and paper filing system
- Handling sensitive and/or confidential information.
Provides administrative support by:
- Maintaining an internal event/program planning calendar
- Scheduling team meetings
- Maintaining and updating advancement vacation schedule
- Ordering supplies
- Coordinating payment of invoices
- Writing and proofing routine documents and correspondence
- Other duties as assigned – ie mail, correspondence, photocopying etc.
- Undergraduate Degree or College Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience and Skills
- 2-3 years experience in fundraising or not-for profit environment an asset
- Familiarity and experience working with a database
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to work with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communications, writing and editing skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume, and results oriented environment
- Excellent organization skills, project coordination skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for collaboration and team work
- Diplomacy and Tact
APPLY TO: email@example.com
Attention: Human Resources
Please send one PDF document including cover letter and resume no later than 5 p.m. on April 5, 2021.
(please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume and cover letter)
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-7101 or firstname.lastname@example.org