Closed for Applications
As a member of the University of St. Michael’s College Advancement Team working under the direction of the Executive Director, Advancement, the incumbent manages and supports multiple alumni services, events and communications and coordinates with students and volunteers to foster and maintain loyalty amongst the University of St. Michael’s alumni community.
- Office of Advancement — Supervised by: Executive Director, Advancement
- $35.83 (Hiring Rate), ($1,254.05 per week)
- 35-hour work week (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional evening/weekends)
- How to Apply
UNIVERSITY OF ST. MICHAEL’S COLLEGE JOB OPPORTUNITY
Position Title: Advancement Officer, Alumni Engagement
Position Number: 9
Pay Band: 11
Compensation: $35.83 (Hiring Rate), ($1,254.05 per week)
Department: Office of Advancement
Supervisor: Executive Director, Advancement
Hours: 35-hour work week (9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with occasional evening/weekends)
Terms: Full-Time / 6-month contract
Posting Date: November 10, 2023
Closing Date: November 17, 2023
Apply to: email@example.com Attention: Human Resources
(please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume
and cover letter)
The University of St. Michael’s College (USMC) in the University of Toronto is supported by a loyal and generous community of alumni and friends whose confidence in the University’s investment in teaching excellence and student experience is creating exciting opportunities to grow its fundraising program. USMC is among the top-performing fundraising divisions at the University of Toronto and
the years ahead are full of possibilities. If you are dynamic and an engaged alumni professional this is a great time to join our Advancement team.
As a member of the University of St. Michael’s College Advancement Team working under the direction of the Executive Director, Advancement, the incumbent manages and supports multiple alumni services, events and communications and coordinates with students and volunteers to foster and
maintain loyalty amongst the University of St. Michael’s alumni community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Planning Strategy and Execution of Alumni Events as assigned
• Working closely with event related volunteers to identify and plan activities attractive to each particular class in order to increase participant interest
• Co-ordinating all aspect of events incl. correspondence, publicity, administration, programming, registration and payment
• Handling on-site supervision of events
• Working closely with Facilities and Services Department and Food Services Department to ensure food, rooms and facilities are sufficient
• Ensuring overall attendee satisfaction to secure continued support of and participation in the Assisting with Alumni Communications
• Collaborating with team to develop a progressive and vibrant communications portfolio for Alumni
• Assisting with the development of unique alumni content for print, web and social media
• Assisting with the planning and logistics of magazine production from inception to distribution
• Assisting with distribution of alumni communication vehicles including helping to maintain current subscriptions and tracking and documenting delivery in arbor
• Provide support to the Alumni Board and to Committees as required
• Acting as the point of contact between the Alumni Board and Committees and the Alumni Office
• Supporting strategic decision-making by preparing statistical reports analyzing event participation rates, average donations, communication feedback, etc.
• Maintain accurate listings alumni volunteers including but not limited to the Alumni Board, Committee Members, Senate, Collegium, College of Electors, Friends of the Kelly, Lenten Retreat Planning Committee
• University degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience and success in the planning and execution of alumni events and communications.
• Knowledge of Arbor (Blackbaud) or an equivalent fundraising database.
• Strong event management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities effectively with thorough attention to detail and follow through.
• Ability to establish priorities, plan and organize multiple events/communications with coinciding deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Writing and editing capabilities, excellent oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience on social media platforms,
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-1300 ext. 7191 or firstname.lastname@example.org.