Closed for Applications
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Principal, Director of the Office of the Principal, and staff members of the Office of the Principal. The incumbent helps to advance St. Michael’s Catholic university mission.
- Provide administrative support to the Office of the Principal
- Maintain the Principal’s appointment schedule
- Coordinate meetings and visits, including coordinating logistics from some events (booking venue, audio-visual, catering, arrange accommodation for guests, etc.)
- Arrange financial reimbursements requested by the Principal and the Director of the Office of the Principal
- Collect documentation and data, and mail for the Office of the Principal
- Update the Office database/website, maintain Office Listserve
- Maintain staff members’ employment files
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory of equipment and keys
- Support, when relevant and as directed by the Principal or Director, student activities sponsored by the Principal’s Office, related, for instance, to SMC One Seminars
- Office of the Principal — Supervised by: Michael Czobit
- 1-year contract / $40,000 annual salary
- 35 Hours per week
- How to Apply
Number of positions: 1
- University degree or acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of administrative support preferably in an academic setting
- Experience in with computer applications, including Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
- Experience in maintaining, filing and processing financial statements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills exercising professionalism and discretion at all times
- Demonstrated self-directed and independent problem-solving work experience, including the ability to effectively work remotely
- Ability to exercise diplomacy dealing with staff, students and external contacts
- Ability to work collaboratively with other office staff, management and external stakeholders
- Experience in planning international travel is an asset
Applicants should submit a letter of application, a CV, and the names of two referees to: University of St. Michael’s College c/o Office of the Principal
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-1300 ext. 7191 or email@example.com