Closed for Applications
Under the general direction of the Director, Office of Dean of Theology, and in close collaboration with the Regis St. Michael’s Registrars, provides support within the Office of Dean of Theology and Student Services.
- Faculty of Theology — Supervised by: Director, Office of Dean of Theology
- $1,211.41 per week
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hours per week)
- How to Apply
UNIVERSITY OF ST. MICHAEL’S COLLEGE
Position Title: Student Services Assistant
Supervisor: Director, Office of Dean of Theology
Department: Faculty of Theology
Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (35 hours per week)
Terms: 6-Month Contract, Full Time
Compensation: $1,211.41 per week
Posting Date: February 17, 2023
Closing Date: March 10, 2023
Apply to: email@example.com
Attention: Human Resources
(Please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume and cover letter)
The University of St. Michael’s College, federated with the University of Toronto, is a Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Congregation of St. Basil, whose motto, “Teach me goodness, discipline and knowledge,” sets the tone for campus life. Committed to the pursuit of knowledge, meaning and truth, USMC is a dynamic center where Catholic intellectual thought thrives in a context of academic freedom and rigorous debate. The University of St. Michael’s College boasts a large and dynamic undergraduate division, an acclaimed Regis St. Michael’s Faculty of Theology and one of the busiest and most important libraries on the University of Toronto campus.
Under the general direction of the Director, Office of Dean of Theology, and in close collaboration with the Regis St. Michael’s Registrars, provides support within the Office of Dean of Theology and Student Services. Provides detailed information about the Regis St. Michael’s Faculty of Theology, Toronto School of Theology and the University of Toronto to prospective and current students and to the general public; interprets and explains the Regis St. Michael’s Faculty of Theology and Toronto School of Theology policies and procedures to students; handles a inquiries at the front desk, by telephone and e-mail and other platforms as necessary; answers inquiries and provides information on admission requirements, degree requirements, course selection, program choice, registration, petitions, transfer credits, letters of permission, tuition, and OSAP to students; produces letters of confirmation and processes and verifies (re)registration in a variety of forms; makes referrals to other services; plans and develops e-communications to students; participates in most college and university events; coordinates events and updates webpage; performs general office duties as required by the Director, Office of Dean of Theology or delegate.
• Assists in responding to student inquiries, including but not limited to the Regis St. Michael’s financial aid program, admissions inquiries, course registration and payment of fees.
• Assists the Registrar, Recruitment and Enrollment Officer, as well as the financial aid and admissions committees in reviewing applications to ensure accuracy of information, and notes errors or omissions. Follows up with students regarding the status of their applications.
• Creates and manages applicant/student folders.
• Assists in drafting and sending award letters/e-mails to students including but not limited to Letters of Permission, Entry to Canada, and Scholarships.
• Provides referrals to other services; advises prospective students on admissions procedures; advises students on tuition and fee refund issues as well as interpreting tuition policies.
• Informs, assists and interprets transfer credit policies and decisions to students and advisors.
• Assists students understand and navigate program/course work extension process.
• Provides information on the annual course offerings and program information from the Regis St. Michael’s websites.
• Recommends updates to the Regis St. Michael’s web pages.
• Investigates exceptions to policies and works with the Registrar, Recruitment and Enrollment Officer or program advisors to determine or clarify an interpretation or exception of a rule.
• Supports and provides back-up to the Office of Dean of Theology and Student Services staff as required.
• Assists with recruitment efforts, organizing and attending on campus events, and occasionally off campus recruiting events, sometimes during non-regular office hours.
• Monitors social media channels for content and accuracy, including but not limited to the listserv to students, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
• Administers on-line course evaluations, including the collecting and archiving of results.
• Serves as liaison with other college units on event-related matters (food services, facilities, conferences).
• Assist in gathering, interpreting, and maintaining office statistics (email, student contacts, ROSI (Repository of Student Information) diagnostics, petitions, re-registrations, and others), preparing monthly reports for review of the Director, Office of Dean of Theology and/or Registrar.
• Attends and participates in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Ensures that the Director, Office of Dean of Theology, Registrar, Recruitment and Enrollment Officer are kept aware of issues that require attention.
• Provides administrative and support for Regis St. Michael’s lectures and events, as needed, including but not limited to support for directors of academic institutes or annual lectures and convocations.
• May be asked to assist with other office functions as required.
• Participates in professional development activities in consultation with or as requested by supervisor.
• One to three years working in a related, service-oriented capacity in a post-secondary environment.
• Toronto School of Theology or University of Toronto experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of ROSI/ACORN, Crush FTP, Quercus and related features is a definite asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, be flexible and work independently.
• Ability to work well in a cross-cultural environment.
• Excellent one-on-one and large group communication and presentation skills.
• Skill establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Demonstrated initiative.
• Must possess and demonstrate a high attention to detail and provide proper interpretation or investigation of regulations; requires ability to use good judgment, tact, and diplomacy skills on a regular basis; will have some encounters with students in crisis.
• Ability to compose brief, clear, and correct text in conventional English.
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with students, administrators, employees, representatives of other educational institutions, agencies, and the public
• Attention to detail, organized, articulate, conscientious, diplomatic; good listener; good judgment; reliability; service oriented with a friendly manner.
• Some experience creating, posting, and managing social media and web content.
• Ability to understand, interpret and apply complex policies and procedures.
• Ability to use a personal computer, photocopier, scanner.
• Ability to create and edit documents in Microsoft Office 365, in particular Excel, Word, Power Point and Sharepoint; and Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to use various communication applications (such as MS Teams, Zoom).
• Time management under deadlines at busy times of year dealing with competing demands for attention.
• Experience working with social media channels and ability to problem solve website problems/errors.
University degree in any area, or college diploma/degree in any area.
Related degrees and qualifications are considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact Human Resources at 416-926-7101 or firstname.lastname@example.org.