Closed for Applications
The University of St. Michael’s College, federated with the University of Toronto, is a Catholic institution of higher learning founded by the Congregation of St. Basil, whose motto, “Teach me goodness, discipline and knowledge,” sets the tone for campus life. Committed to the pursuit of knowledge, meaning and truth, USMC is a dynamic centre where Catholic intellectual thought thrives in a context of academic freedom and rigorous debate. The University of St. Michael’s College boasts a large and dynamic undergraduate division, a Faculty of Theology and one of the busiest and most important libraries on the University of Toronto Campus.
- Start Date
- December 21, 2019
- Student Services — Supervised by: Principal & Vice-President
- 35 hours a week
- How to Apply
The Student Services Associate reports to the Principal & Vice-President and works closely with the Dean of Students to oversee all student life programs and administration.
Temporary / Term Vacancy (December 21, 2019 – April 30, 2020)
Extension of a previous 6 month non-union contract
This term vacancy position is covered by United Steelworkers “All Employee” Bargaining Unit.
Attention: Human Resources Officer
(please include position title in subject line of email when submitting resume and cover letter)
• Plan and oversee execution of SMC’s orientation week with special concern for student safety and protecting the College from reputational harm.
• Oversee departmental administration and process a variety of financial transactions.
• Ensure all USMC and UofT regulations and policies are adhered to in the planning, execution and participation of campus events.
• Oversee Commuter Dons; maintain an inventory of informational resource materials pertaining to student life.
• Serve as SMCSU administrative advisor and advisor to student groups as assigned, ensuring best practices for success.
• Liaise with various student clubs, unions, interest groups and associations to facilitate coordination of successful events and ensure proper administrative protocols and procedures are followed.
• Provide back-up and administrative support to the Office of the Dean of Students needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• University degree.
• 2 years of work experience in student centred positions.
• Large group facilitation skills required.
• A thorough knowledge of university culture, prior experience working with student leaders and student unions required.
• Proven leadership skills and a demonstrated understanding of and respect for a student centered, multi-cultural and multi-religious milieu.
• Demonstrated project management skills with an ability to meet deadlines and to manage a competing set of competing priorities with efficiency.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, supported by computer skills, specifically Excel and budget management.
• Previous experience running social media campaigns.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The University of St. Michael’s College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, people who take a religiously informed view of human experience, and others who may contribute to further diversification of ideas.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of St. Michael’s College is committed to equity in employment and diversity. If you require accessibility accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Officer at 416-926-7118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.