As members of our community may be aware, a second presumptive case of the Coronavirus has been confirmed in Ontario. While the risk of contracting the virus remains low, we would like to remind everyone to take commonsense measures to reduce the chance of infection. According to the Public Health Agency of Canada, these include washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoiding touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands, and avoiding close contact with people who are sick. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available around campus as well.
Any students who are travelling internationally should refer to UofT’s safety abroad office website. If students are unable to return to the University as a result of the travel restrictions, they should contact their registrar (undergraduate students) or graduate program (graduate students) to arrange for accommodations.
Additional resources have been made available by the University of Toronto for better understanding the virus:
- A message from UofT regarding the virus (this page will be updated as new information is available): https://www.utoronto.ca/message-from-the-university-regarding-the-coronavirus
- UofT: FAQs about the Coronavirus: https://www.utoronto.ca/message-from-the-university-regarding-the-coronavirus/faqs
- Public Health Ontario (this page is being updated every day at 10:30 a.m.): www.ontario.ca/page/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov
- Toronto Public Health: www.toronto.ca/community-people/health-wellness-care/diseases-medication…
- Peel Public Health: www.peelregion.ca/articles/2020/coronavirus.asp
- Public Health Agency of Canada: www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus.html
- U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization: www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus