SMC, you came together and gave back through your participation in St. Mike’s Student Philanthropy fundraisers like Bring Back the Bacon, Pie-a-THON, and most recently, our Roses for Valentine’s Day. We now have the funds to invest in your projects!
The SMC Student Innovation Fund is designed to support and promote student initiatives and projects that are innovative, empowering and encourage student involvement.
Projects that are innovative are defined as:
• A new projected, initiative or idea
• A new or expanded aspect of an already existing project
• An initiative that will enrich the St. Mike’s student experience
Projects that are empowering are defined as:
• Training or development programs that will empower students to engage in leadership activities at St. Mike’s (ie attending or running a conference)
• Educational or information initiatives that generate awareness about issues that are related to students
Projects that encourage student involvement are defined as:
• Foster student involvement and participation from all St. Mike’s students
• Projects that facilitate cross campus collaboration
• Provide opportunities for mentorship
• Combine academic learning with community and social activities
All applications will be assigned a score on each bullet and award will be administered to top ranking applicants up to a maximum of $200 per individual until the fund is bankrupt for that semester.