Buildings & Amenities

Amenities

All houses/floors are single-sex and have:

  • Internet access
  • TV with cable in common rooms
  • Shared washrooms
  • Laundry facilities

 

All residence rooms come furnished with:

  • Single bed
  • Dresser
  • Closet
  • Shelving
  • Desk & chair
  • Landline phone
  • Secure key card access
  • Garbage bins
  • Cable TV wiring*
    * monthly service must be purchased through Rogers

SMC Residence Buildings

Please check back for updated building descriptions, specifications and photographs.

Sorbara Hall

Sorbara Hall opened in September 2001 and houses undergraduate students. In addition to the furnishings listed above, rooms come equipped with a personal sink and air conditioning. Sorbara has a mix of single and double rooms with the average room size being 11′ x 14′. Sorbara is the newest residence on St. Mike’s campus.

Sorbara Hall Exterior
Sorbara Hall Exterior

Sorbara Hall & St. Basil's Church
Sorbara Hall & St. Basil’s Church

Sorbara Hall Common Room
Sorbara Hall Common Room

 

Elmsley Hall

Elmsley Hall opened in 1957 and primarily houses freshmen residents with some rooms reserved for upper year students. Most rooms in Elmsley are doubles and all rooms are 17.5′ x 10′ in size. Also housed here is a 24-hour study room, the campus mailroom, and the 24-hour security desk.

Elmsley Exterior
Elmsley Exterior

First Floor Common Room
First Floor Common Room

Elmsley Hall Double Room
Elmsley Hall Double Room

Queen’s Park Building: Teefy, Fisher & More Houses

The Queen’s Park Building opened in 1936 and is built on the model of Oxford and Cambridge. It is divided into three undergraduate houses: Teefy, Fisher & More House. Teefy and Fisher house female students while More houses male students. Most rooms in Queen’s Park are doubles with size varying considerably according to location and occupancy of the room.

 

Teefy Hall Single Room
Teefy Hall Single Room

Teefy Single Room
Teefy Single Room

More House Common Room
More Housr Common Room

Historic Houses

  • House 96
  • House 2
  • Houses 6 & 8

Located on Toronto’s first sub-division, these Victorian houses were built between 1890-1910 as private homes at the turn of the century but were gradually acquired by St. Michael’s for College use. House 2 and 96 are relatively small, holding about 18 residents each, while house 6&8 is larger and holds about 36. House 96 and 6&8 are male houses, while House 2 is a female house. In addition to the furnishings listed above, rooms are equipped with air conditioning. There is a mix of singles and doubles with size varying considerably according to individual buildings and occupancy of the room. Both freshmen and upper years live in the Historic Houses.

Fun Fact: House 2 was home to former Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin during his time at St. Mike’s, while House 96 was home to the offices of world-renowned philosopher Marshall McLuhan.

Historical House 2 Exterior
Historical House 2 Exterior

House 96 Common Room
House 96 Common Room

House 6&8 Single Room
House 6&8 Single Room

 

 

Brennan Hall

Please check back for updates.