- This event has passed.
Doing Theology from the Peripheries
November 10 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
The University of St. Michael’s College invites you to a key event in Pope Francis’s Synod on Synodality process.
About this event:
Pope Francis has invited us to listen to one another in a synodal church. This in-person/ZOOM event features a panel discussion on the international theological project Doing Theology From the Existential Peripheries, a research project of the Dicastery on Promoting Integral Human Development, Holy See. The project aims at deepening the teachings of Pope Francis and renewing theology.
Moderated by Mark McGowan, the panel will include participants in the project:
- Stan Chu Ilo, De Paul University
- Mary Ellen Chown, Catholic Network for Women’s Equality
- David Pereyra, All Inclusive Ministries, OCAD University
- Darren Dias, OP, St Mike’s, Toronto School of Theology
RSVP to attend in person: https://bit.ly/3CIOLEt
RSVP to participate online: https://bit.ly/3yUKKvw
To learn more:
- Final reports from the peripheries project are available online: https://migrants-refugees.va/resource-center/publications.
- Watch the video for additional context: Wisdom from the Margins