The John M. Kelly Library is the largest federated college library at UofT and one of more than 40 libraries at the university. With large humanities, social science, and DVD collections, new study spaces and workstations, and a range of services for students and faculty–including our Personal Librarian and Kelly InfoExpress services–the Kelly Library is dedicated to serving as an academic hub for St. Mike’s and the wider university community.
Although our collections cover a wide range of subjects, we focus largely on humanities disciplines including Catholic theology, the Middle Ages, book history and media, Celtic Studies, and English, French, Italian, Slavic and German literature.
Besides books, DVDs, and scholarly journals, we offer a range of services for students and faculty, including drop-in reference and circulation desks, bookable research and writing consultations, and the Kelly InfoExpress, Blackboard, and Syllabus services for faculty.
Friends of the John M. Kelly Library
The Friends of the John M. Kelly Library run the library’s annual booksale each year, raising thousands of dollars to support our services, collections, and study spaces.
The John M. Kelly Library was built in 1969 and named after father John M. Kelly, C.S.B., president of the University of St. Michael’s College from 1958 – 1978.