Follow the instructions below to apply to St. Michael’s College. If you miss one or more of the deadlines below, you may lose your residence guarantee and will be placed on the waiting list.
Interest in residence may exceed the number of available spaces. If you are not offered residence at SMC and you qualify for the residence guarantee, your account may be transferred to another residence, a hotel accommodation, or to 89 Chestnut Residence.
Please be aware that the residence guarantee does not guarantee a specific residence or your top choice residence.
SMC is happy to accommodate students without a residence guarantee or non-SMC returner students if our space permits. Our application process prioritizes in the following order:
- Returning SMC residents
- First-year students with residence guarantee
- Transfer Upper-Year students who have not lived at SMC in the past
- All other applicants
First-Year Students (with a Residence Guarantee):
- Enable your JOINid/UTORid
- Confirm your interest in residence on StarRez by 11:59pm EST on March 31 using your JOINid/UTORid.
- Rank your residence choices on StarRez within two weeks of receiving your admission offer in order to maintain your guarantee status.
- Accept your offer of admission (to the University of Toronto) by 11:59pm EST on June 1.
- Check your email regularly for a residence offer. Residence offers will be sent out in a rolling fashion, beginning in mid-June and continuing through July and August.
- Once you’ve received a residence offer, be sure to log back in to complete your application and pay your deposit on StarRez by the date indicated in your offer email, or you will forfeit your spot.
*Students who miss the March 31 deadline are welcome to still apply via the St George Waitlist, opening March 1.
2024-25 SMC and Loretto Returner Students:
- Log into StarRez and select the SMC – Academic Year 2024-25. Applications will open on February 15, 2024 at 12:00pm
- Complete the application by 11:59pm EST on March 24, 2024 to be considered in first-round offers.
- If you received a residence offer, be sure to log back in to complete your application and pay your deposit on StarRez by the date indicated in your offer email, or you will forfeit your spot.
All students without a Residence Guarantee (upper-year, residence transfers, exchange students, etc.):
- Log into StarRez using your JOINid/UTORid to view the application(s) you have access to.
- Apply to the St. George Waitlist. It will open on March 1.
- If you receive a residence offer, be sure to log back in to complete your application and pay your deposit on StarRez by the date indicated in your offer email, or you will forfeit your spot.
Further information regarding StarRez and the application process can be found on the Apply for Residence page on the Housing Services website.
Please note that the SMC Residence Office corresponds with students via their @mail.utoronto.ca email address. Please follow these guidelines to ensure that admission correspondence is received:
- Check your email regularly.
- Ensure that folders, where messages may be diverted, are checked often (i.e. junk or trash).
- Set email filters to accept all messages from ‘utoronto.ca’ accounts.
- Notify our office immediately if you will not have email access for any period of time.